Your team needs to bring all their weight to rivalry weekend… but you can still keep yours off the scale with these 5 snacks that are sure to make your game day party part of the win!
1. Edamame: Don’t wait to only pair these guys with sushi. Edamame is packed with fiber, protein, and daily vitamins! Not only is it great for you, it’s also super easy to make. Buy it at any grocery store in your produce or freezer section and quick steam them; eat them warm or cold. To mix it up, add a bit of garlic salt and you may find the best chip replacement ever!
2. Veggie tray and hummus: This may not be new, but it gives us the crunch and the dip that we crave during the game. Try Trader Joe’s Hummus Quartet to get a variety of flavors. Some great veggies pairs: carrots, celery, cucumber and cherry tomatoes.
3. BBQ Chicken Avocado Crostini: Yum Yum Yum! Instead of chicken wings with chips and guacamole, shed some of those bad calories but keep all the good flavors! With this recipe from blissfully domestic at your party, you’ll have rights to trash talk all you want.
4. Dad’s Turkey Chili: It wouldn’t be football without the man who taught you the game. This chili recipe from my dad is by far the best. Tons of healthy proteins and just one cup is all you need to keep you fueled for the game.
- 2lbs ground turkey
- 2 cans pinto beans
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can white cannellini beans
- 1 packet of Carroll Shelby Chili
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- Brown ground turkey in large skillet or pot. Drain fat
- Add water, spice, salt, beans, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste. For mild chili, omit the cayenne pepper. If you want that extra kick, stir in packet of cayenne pepper.
- Cover and simmer until beans are soft
Enjoy your treats! Let us know how your team did and any of your favorite recipes